Sunday 12 May 2013

Badgers and Birds

Finally got the energy to go Badger watching on 4th May. Changed my place and stood, very still, next to the double tree. As the sun faded away the chorus of Tawny Owls was absolutely amazing! It began in the small copse in Temple Lane and the Reserve Owls soon joined in, wonderful. I kept being surprised by small birds who I though were rather late going to roost, until I realised, they were little bats flitting around me. saw something large in the grass out of the corner of my eye, too scared to move in case I frightened it. turned out to be a beautiful fox who came within a few feet of me. I watched him right across the field where I saw another shape that I'm sure was a Badger then it became impossible to see. Great night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment